Office of the President
President of the OSC –
His Excellency Col. Michael Thornley
KGCOK GCRLG J.P.
The founder and President for life of the Humanitarian Order of the Southern Cross (OSC) is H.E. Col. Chev. Michael Thornley.
His Excellency has been recognised by a number of Royal Dynastic Houses and received ‘Awards of Honour & Merit’ for services to humanity.
– Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown of Hawaii. Awarded by HRH Prince Darrick, Ali’i Nui and Senior Member of the Hawaiian Royal family.
– Grand Cross Royal Order of Kamehameha I, Hawaii.
– Grand Cross Royal Order of Kalākaua I, Hawaii.
– Grand Cross Royal Order of Kapiʻolani, Hawaii.
– Grand Cross Royal Order of the Star of Oceania, Hawaii.
– Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Lion of Godenu. Awarded by H.R.H. Togbe Osei III, Dufia of Gbi-Godenu, Ghana for Humanitarian services to the people of Godenu.
– ARKBK Medal for outstanding contributions and efforts for Peace,Education and Cultural Diplomacy
– Appointment as His Excellency, Chancellor of the Royal House of Hawaii 2018
(Past President of the Privy Council)
– Appointment as Anakia Wuta I Kandari an honorary family member of the Royal House of Laiwoei, Kendari, Indonesia by HM Raja of Laiwoei.
– Appointment as Vice President of the Royal Academy of Aristocracy (RAA) Australasia 2018
– Appointment as a Goodwill Ambassador-at-large for the Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom, Uganda 2018
– Honorable Kentucky Colonel as granted and commissioned by Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear 2012 for services to Humanity
– Honorary Doctorate of Humanities (Hon. D.Humanities) from the New Testament Bible Church Biblical Institute in Monroe, Louisiana, USA. The Institute is accredited by and with the World Council of Post-secondary and Religious Education in March 2015
– Justice of the Peace, Qld, Australia 1988
– Chairman of the Royal Heritage & Cultural Society of Oceania (RHCSO)
– Patron (International) of the Hafrikan Prince Art World, Ghana
– Member of the ‘Royal Society of St.George’ (RSSG) Patron H.M. Queen Elizabeth II
– Member of the ‘Imperial Society of St. George of Lalibela’, the Royal House of Selassie, Ethiopia as granted by H.R.H. Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie
– Member of the Canadian Health Sciences Institute (TCHSI)
– Member Association Européenne des membres de Corps et Organismes Publics de Sécurité et de Défense (AECOPSD)
– Tribal Member (adopted) of the Thunderbolt Chickamauga Indian Nation- State recognised tribe in Indiana U.S.A.
– Clan ‘family’ Member (adopted) of the Dizayee clan of Kurdistan
– Founder and CEO of the Michael Thornley Organisation 2014
– Founder and President of the Thornley Wildlife Foundation 2016
© 2017-2018. All rights reserved. Certain photographs are borrowed in good faith for humanitarian purposes only.